vacuum advance line...where?

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: vacuum advance line...where?
From: Karl Shultz <karl.shultz@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:01:05 +0000
OK, OK, I know this is a **highly** stupid question, but I am totally
baffled.  My now two month old '73 B (to me, anyway) has, among its
other questionable qualities, poor throttle response.  So a buddy and I
start looking at the distributor (which is all wet thanks to a leaking
heater control valve, but that's a different story...).

The vacuum advance line comes off it, and snakes away into...nothing!
It's not connected to the motor at all.  Worse, I can't find where to
hook it up.  Nothing that I can see or feel in the carbs, the intake
manifold, nothing.  My "Original MGB" book (which I heartily recommend
BTW) is not helping any, nor is the Haynes manual.

I am feeling very stupid for not being able to find the %$#~ hookup, but
now I'm grovelling to the listers for advice.

Since I can't figure this one out, one wonders just how I'll manage to
install a six point roll cage in my Integra by myself in front of an
apartment.  hmm...

--
Karl R. Shultz   ||   karl.shultz@ibm.net
--Visit the Tarheel Sports Car Club Website!--