Oils

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oils
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:45:20 EST
I have recently spoken to someone who is using Redline oil in his overdrive
> and is very pleased with the results. He says shifting into and out of
> overdrive is almost instantaneous.
>
> So, those of you who say 'I would never use synthetic oils' unless you have
> some recent facts of experience, think again!

Hi, Simon.
My friend that trashed his OD friction linings was using Redline oil in it.
If, as you say, it doesn't do this on the street, but only on the race track,
I think that it is possible that it might be more likely to promote slippage
even under light use on the street eventually.
Obviously, most owners are not shifting into overdrive at 7500 rpm and then
immediately going to full throttle, but still, you have to wonder.......

Bill S.