Re: Heater blower speed

To: Rick Morrison <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Heater blower speed
From: Rene van Maanen <renevm@support.neth.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:11:43 +0100
Hi Rick.

It was my story on Skye's idea. After I posted the 'fix' I got the tip to
check the internals of the heater switch.
I did. And guess what? It was etremely corroded. After I cleaned it, I also
connected the direct plus to the motor, with the switch in the on position.
There was hardly any difference noticable.

The wires that are combined with the motor are:
The general plus behind the facia. I guess there is hardly any loss of power
there, since it is all over.
The ground of the motor. I don't know about that one.
The wire between the switch and the motor, and the switch. There are no
jumpers in between, so there can hardly be any power loss there.

The current is very high, so the chances of loss a huge. I like what you did,
but I'd ratcher stick to originality.

Greetings, offcourse no offence.

Rene

--