Re: 75 MGB gas smell

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "John Steczkowski" <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Subject: Re: 75 MGB gas smell
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:37:33 -0500
more than likely your float bowls are flooding
ie: either your fuel pump is over powering the needle valves
or you have dirt particles in the needle stopping it from closing
off as the float rises.
this will let the fuel pump literally pump gas right through the float
bowl and into the crabs
this could also be the problem will cold starts..it floods way too easily.
the float valve uses rubber/plastic as the seat of the seal
in cold weather this could become stiff and out of shape
not sealing the needle off correctly.

The list of parts is short (relatively)
2 carbs, 1 manifold, 1 exhaust manifold and down pipe,
heat shield, and throttle linkage parts
you could also go the Weber DGV route which is avail. in kit form
from many dist's.
good luck

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT OB (Blase Red, (orange))