Re: suspension lowering

To: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>, "MG list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: suspension lowering
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 19:06:31 -0800
Thanks for the vote of confidence,  Jim! In principle, I agree with Tim's
advice. Relatively soft rear suspension, well controlled with good shock
absorbers, will certainly keep the wheels on the road better than stiff rear
springs.

I question the removal of the rear roll bar on the '77, though, especially
as you fattened up the front bar. In my experience, the rear roll bar helps
control the rear wheel contact with the ground, and the design of the
factory bar is such that it also helps prevent spring wind-up.

Lawrie