Re: Hood bolts

To: "Mark Rayborn" <mrayborn@merlin.ebicom.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hood bolts
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 16:34:27 -0000
I had a similar problem - albeit that the threads had stripped but I got the
screws out OK.  I noticed that the (new) screws were the same thread as a
very long nut (about 1 1/4") that I was using elsewhere on the car (I think
it was from the bottom of the 1/4 light, but it isn't shown on my parts
list).  I chiselled out the knackerd nuts then fabricated a triangular plate
with three of these nuts set into it and welded to it.  I then secured the
plate inside the panel with a small screw.

PaulH.