Re: Some Good News about Over-Stuffed Seats!

To: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Some Good News about Over-Stuffed Seats!
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 10:03:50 -0800
xyzabcde@earthlink.net wrote:

> Re: "Sorbathane"
>
> Dave Ambrose said,
>
> > if you needed it in some curvaceous shape, it
> > had to be molded that way.  It may also be available in sheets.
>
> I haven't tried this, but I've been told that foam can be cut into curvaceous
> shapes with a heated coat hanger bent into the required curve.  Straight cuts
> are best done with an electric carving knife.

        Sorbothane is more of a gel than foam. I don't think hot wire cutting
works well on it because it conducts too much heat and the wire cools
below cutting temperature.

        For a high density foal layer atop the stock seat chushion, I'd suggest
using Ensolite. It will cut with hot-wire or electric knife. Pads can be
found at almost any camping gear supplier.

        Regards,
        Dave Ambrose