Re: OT Turkey Day

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: OT Turkey Day
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 00:24:13 -0800
Skye Poier wrote:

> Word on the street is that Eric Erickson said:
> > Well, in Australia we have these half-sized bottles of beer... so seeing
> > as they are short and squat they are called "stubbies".
>
> We call them stubbies in Canada too, must be a colonial thing.
>
> Mmmmm Red Stripe.
>
> Skye
>
> --
> 1966 MGB               GHN3L-70307                __,__\__      Finger for
> The MGB Experience     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     PGP key

I miss stubbies.... We have just started getting SCTV on late night tv
here and one of the Great White North segments was about putting a baby
mouse into the stubby and letting it grow.  The first thing that hit me
was seeing the stubby bottles. My girlfriend, a southern belle, didn't
know what those bottle were.  Think I might have a 50 stubby packed away
somewhere.

Mark Snowdon, Greensboro NC