Honing in on the Problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Honing in on the Problem
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 13:02:22 EST
<<My concern now is: how can  I hone the cylinders and wash out the residue
without getting grit and debris onto the crankshaft and around the main
bearings?  >

Fred -

1 - wrap each crank journal carefully and completely with something like torn
up clean linen sheets

2- after honing and washing down the bores, spray again with a cleaner like
Brake Clean and immediately blow again with air

3- remove the wrap from the crank, blow again, hoping fervently that there are
no bits left to get into the oilways

4- immediately oil the bores lightly or they will rust

5- cross your fingers.

Bill