RE: MGF importation

To: larryhoy@cwix.com, Jason Dale Woodward <jdw@freeamp.org>
Subject: RE: MGF importation
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 23:59:52 -0700
Larry wrote:

> One other thought, I read in AutoWeek that the MGF may be exported to North
America..............

Jason wrote:

> > May I ask which issue you read this in?  I'd like to possibly pick up a
> > copy.  Was this a 'rumor' or something?  I had to get rid of my 72 B
> > when I moved west this past june.  I don't live anywhere I can work on
> > it.  A new MG would be perfect for me.
> >
> > jason

As per Jason's request:

AutoWeek December 21, 1998

"Rover's troubles

Continuing turmoil at BMW's Rover Group has not affected BMW's plans to export
the new Mini and the MGF replacement to North America.  Plans to send the Rover
75 remain undetermined.

While BMW has been making healthy profits with its cars, Rover has drained $825
million to $990 million per year since BMW bought it in 1994."

The above is the whole article.

Larry Hoy
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/