RE: Can I lube the heater motor without pulling it apart? ('70B)

To: "Andrew Errington" <ame@synaptics.com>,
Subject: RE: Can I lube the heater motor without pulling it apart? ('70B)
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@iname.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 12:51:49 -0700 (MST)
On Wed, 6 Jan 1999 10:06:46 -0800, Andrew Errington wrote:
>Yes,
>
>on my '69 B there are three screws on a flange around the motor where it
>meets the box.  Undo these and the motor should just pull out.  You will
>find that lubing it fixes the wailing banshee noise for about a week.  Other
>list members will tell you how to fix the motor, then that the parts are no
>longer available, then that the new motors are not as good.  I personally
>ignore the noise, if I turn the motor on and off a few times the noise goes
>away.

Ok, so that was kind of the good news/bad news reply...  My motor
didn't used to sound too bad either.  When it started sounding REALLY
bad it scared the pee out of me.  (Not literally)  It is so bad that
when I was doing 70 I heard it and pulled the car over to the side of
the highway to find out what was wrong.  I think the metal housing made
it sound worse than it really is but it is loud!

I will let you know if I have any luck...

Andrew Lundgren
Lundgren@iname.com
http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren