Datsun head, was What IS Vacuum advance?

To: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Subject: Datsun head, was What IS Vacuum advance?
From: David Lynes <cdlynes@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 17:19:09 -0500
Denise,

A couple of years ago when I had my head and valves done, the machinist
told me that he used a datsun plate to do the pressure check.  I have
been curious about that since then.  At least the bolt holes were in the
same place.  Interesting that the distributor is the same too?  Did
datsun borrow MG's engine design?

David Lynes, Woodstock, GA
73 Midget
78 MGB