MG Engine Red - Powder Coating available

To: <mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: MG Engine Red - Powder Coating available
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 01:05:59 +1000
Hi all,

Forwarding this to the list on behalf of Curt Strohacker from Eastwood. He's
having problems posting to the list and asked me to post this for him. A
couple of months ago I arranged for Kelvin Dodd from Moss to send a can of
their MG Engine Red spray paint to Curt's team at Eastwood (Thanks Kelvin!),
who have subsequently produced a powder coating for Pre 18V MGB and MGA
motors. If there is anyone in the region who could take a look at the colour
for Curt that would be great. Many thanks to Curt for taking the step to
develop this product which I think may benefit a lot of people, those
willing to try powder coating instead of conventional painting. I've seen
many examples of Powder coating myself and have been blown away by the
results, not to mention the longer lasting, chip resistant properties of
powder vs. paint. I can't wait to try this out on my current Engine rebuild!
So someone PLEASE go check it out!!!!! <VBG>

Cheers,
Neil

Curt's Message
--
We have produced a MG engine red powder that can be used with our HotCoat
powder coating system - http://www.hotcoat.com.  As with any coating the

To arrive at the shade we used an aerosol MG engine paint from Moss Motors
and then compared some OEM engines. We think that our color is correct.
Since you folks are the experts we solicit your help.

Are there any listers in the area of Eastern PA that can stop by our shop
and look at the color? It will be at the counter. We also would be will to
send color samples to you for evaluation.

Before we go off and produce a batch of this stuff (which will replace our
standard #10139 Maroon) we want to get the blessing of the MG fraternity.
It also will help us gauge demand for a new product.

Curt Strohacker mailto: strohacker@chesco.com
Eastwood Hard To Find Automotive Tools & Supplies
For Restorers & Customizers
Visit our site for a Free tool catalog
<http://www.eastwoodco.com>