RE: Fuel Pump Orientation 77MGB

To: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pump Orientation 77MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 08:36:33 -0800
Charlie:

        In some cases the banjo fittings will not clear the alloy casting of
the MGB SU pump with one inner washer.  The fitting looks tight, but is
slightly cocked.  Fitting two inner washers cures the problem.  Burlen Fuel
Systems is aware of the problem, but as yet there has been no resolution.
Nobody has figured out if it is the banjo fitting, the washers or the pump
which has the incorrect tolerances.

        Hope this helps

                        Kelvin.