Re: thermostat housing/ PB Blaster

To: RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Re: thermostat housing/ PB Blaster
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 19:08:31 -0500
R.-

To quote from the can: "Revolutionary penetrating magnetic lubricant" ,
" Powerfull penetrating catalyst" "Works sub-zero or hot"  "Contains no
dangerous vinyl, methelyne or chlorinated solvents, etc.  "Military spec
no. VVP-216-A-B"

I don't know what it is, it has some co-polymer silicones, rust
inhibitors, etc, etc. We started buying this direct from the
manufacturer in 5 case lots, about 10 years ago. One of my friends at
the Naval Research Lab came up with it. We now find it in most of the
chain parts houses like Track Auto, Pep Boys, etc.

The most amazing personal example was a 3/4 nut rusted to a suspension
part, I forget where, that I could not break loose with a 2 lb drill
hammer & an 18" 1/2" breaker bar. I shot the bolt with PB, hit it again
an hour later, 1 more hour, it came off with a 3/8 ratchet, no hammer.

It also dries out ignitions, repairs toilets, renews O rings & rubber
seals.

The can is so outrageous, it sounds like a carnival barker, but the
stuff works better than Liquid Wrench & everything else I have tried.
Even if it didn't, the can is a fun read.

Jim