Re: Fuel Pump Orientation 77MGB ("Dodd, Kelvin")

To: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Orientation 77MGB ("Dodd, Kelvin")
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:20:01 -0600
Hi Mark,

  The AUF 204 is a Midget pump.  Sounds like you're in the same boat I
was in, wherein a DPO had changed the pump.  It worked OK at low revs
but I'm told by the list that the 204 has roughly half the volume
capacity  of the B pump (AZX 1307 for my '69 B).  My engine flattened
out above 4,500 rpm at full throttle in 3rd or 4th gear.  I figured it
was from fuel starvation.  Winds out much better now, plus I'm no longer
worried about burning a valve or piston at high sustained speeds due to
a lean mixture.
  I spent $300 in bits and dabs returning mine to original, including a
group 26 battery.  Some DPO had extended the length of the right side
battery box to accommodate a group 24, probably used the AUD 204 because
it's only half as long as the 1307 and didn't protrude into the space in
front of the battery.   You may want to use an aftermarket pump instead
of blowing all that dough.

  CR