K&N filters

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: K&N filters
From: "Durinx Willy" <DurinxW@mail.dma.be>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:18:52 +0100
Dear listers,

for Christmas, I got two K&N 1 1/2  inch   offset-type filters, to mount on
my B's  HS4 carbs.
If I try to fit them on the right way up, the head of the bolt in the centre
strikes against the dashpot, and the gasket, being too thin, will not fit
properly.
Well, I cut two new , thicker ones, out of some flooring cork. Then I
thought of the other option, mounting the filters upside down.  In that way,
the original gaskets can be used, but I have to drill two more holes in the
filters to let the ventilation holes next to the carb opening breathe.  In
this position, the engine sucks in cooler air, because the filter is lower.
 What would be the best? I would go for the lower option, since I've got
enough problems in summer with heated-up carbs in the traffic jams.

Willy Durinx
Antwerp, Belgium
73  BGT "Ruth"