'75 MGB hard to start...

Subject: '75 MGB hard to start...
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@Crossroads.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:27:13 -0600
Well, my MGB has been sitting in the Garage for about 2 weeks, because it
had gotten really hard to start, lots of pedal pumping, lots of cranking and
it would start, but not run that great.  I got some advice, figured I was
going to have to do a carb rebuild and maybe do something with the automatic
choke.

Well, I finally got around to working on it. My strategy was going to be to
remove the auto choke mechanism go from there. Well, it turns out that the
auto choke side of the carb was being held on by one half backed out screw
(instead of 3). Well, I tightened the one screw up good and tried to start
the car.... much better. I ended up going to the hardware store and seeing
if I could get some screws to semi-replace the originals. It turns out I
couldn't find any that would work, but... It turns out that the original
screws had fallen and out and landed on the frame rail.... yeahh...
tightened them up and now the car will start without me even touching the
gas pedal (on a cold start even). Now the car runs better than it ever has
since I bought it 18 months ago....

(just a little success story from the weekend...)

-----
John Steczkowski
Director of Software Engineering
Crossroads Systems, Inc.