Bolt Torques

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bolt Torques
From: prsmith@navnet.net
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:43:49 -0400
Is there a table somewhere that gives typical torques for each size and
thread type of bolt?  I was replacing lever shocks today and realized the
manual did not specify a torque setting for the nuts.  I tightened them up
with my ratchet but I really have no clue if they are are tight enough or
too tight.

I would feel much more comfortable if i knew that for a fine thread size X
i should torque to xx foot-pounds and for a coarse thread size yy I should
torque to YY ft lbs.

Thanks

Preston