MGs and the Zoo Bar

To: MGSMGBGT@aol.com
Subject: MGs and the Zoo Bar
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 11:00:18 -0700
Its 10 AM and the snow is flying here in Montana. I'm sitting back drinking
my coffee and reading the MG digest this morning while the fireplace is
pumping out heat.

I see this message and does it bring back memories!! This message is more
for Bob Shaw (can't tell from the digest if I got the right address for
him). But I graduated from the University of Nebraska ("Harvard of the
plains") and that is where I learned MGs. By the time I graduated, two of
my roommates had MGBs (plus another friend was in our group of MG owners).
I had a 65, both roommates had 69s.

And The Zoo Bar was our hangout. It sounds like not much has changed. The
Zoo Bar still pumps out the blues? Is it the same very small bar downtown,
packed, standing room only?

And do LBCs still abound the streets of Lincoln? There were quite a few in
my day. Of course back then, there was even a local MG/Triumph
distributership.

David
now sporting a rusty 71 BGT