Re: FESTIVA

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: FESTIVA
From: Pat Bailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:08:41 -0800

Trevor Boicey wrote:   Sad to say, but automotive
engineering and design

> of the 90s just has it all over our humble beasts.
>
>   The MGs may be more fun, but my retirement-age
> father has a corolla sedan that I could run circles
> around my MGs with.
>
>   Case in point, TRY to buy a car today that has
> a 0-60 time slower than an MG, or that has a
> live axle suspension.
>
>   We love them, but it does require a bit of
> modesty when we compare them to modern machinery.
>
> --
> Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
> Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca
> ICQ #17432933 http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/

  That's true Trevor,but the funny thing is that I
usually run all over most modern cars in the canyons I
think because the drivers aren't DRIVING thay are so
used to driving the freeways they don't know how to
drive the canyons I guess.I would still rather be
driving the MG with all it's faults than most any new
car except perhaps a  Boxter!!
Pat