Re: FESTIVA (long, more than you want to know.)

To: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>, "'Pat Bailey'" <pbailey@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: FESTIVA (long, more than you want to know.)
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:55:06 -0500

...And from on High, Phil Vanner spake thusly:

>The ill-starred Ford Aspire ('94-'97) had the same drivetrain but
weighed
>about 500lbs more and its subsequent lack of performance and the
declining
>market in America for economy cars was its downfall. It's stiffer
springs,
>however, were a useful upgrade for performance-oriented
"Festivists."

I've had a healthy respect for the Ford Aspire for over a year
now...I was at a light in my 4 cylinder S-10 (talk about bad power
to weight), when an Aspire pulled up next to me.  Seeing this car as
my only prey, I revved my engine, and the driver next to me
responded.  At the light, I dumped the clutch and launched forwards,
only to see the rear of the Aspire Turbo that ate me alive.  Since
then I've had a secret lust for one of those little suckers...But
I've never seen another.

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/