Battery Problems

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery Problems
From: "Jinny and Elaine" <bcandgirls@thurston.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:36:17 -0800
Have not ask a question the list for about 3 years
and did not have plain text option checked. Sorry
I am using a new mail program.
My question is:

I have one battery in my 1969 MGB. The cold weather
and my not starting it regularly has resulted  in a dead
battery.  I want to buy a charger - suggestions for
brands - 6 or  12 volt? Manual or auto?  amps?

After purchasing charger - do I connect positive to
positive and negative to negative? OR

Do I disconnect battery terminals and charge p to p
and n to n and  then reconnect battery terminals as they
currently rest?

thanks in advance!
One worried MGB