[BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [John Fisher <

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [BOUNCE mgs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [John Fisher <jfisher.apc@shelton.cc.al.us>]]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:09:25 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:56:19 -0600
     From: John Fisher <jfisher.apc@shelton.cc.al.us>
     Subject: engine removal

I also wound up with a single rounded-off bolt holding my flywheel on.
The approach which proved successful for me was to apply liquid wrench
liberally and use a cold chisel to drift the bolt in the desired
direction until it turned freely (less than an eighth of a turn). I
changed main bearings as part of the subsequent engine rebuild and
probably would have tried something less kinetic (but pounding on that
bolt really felt GOOD!) if the bearings were to have remained in the
engine.