Re: Fuel Pump doesn't click

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump doesn't click
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 19:31:06 -0800 (PST)
Just give the pump a few taps with a metal object while the ignition switch
is on and in most cases, it will start pumping.  Sometimes when these cars
sit for awhile, the points become corroded or something gets stuck.  You
probably don't need a new pump.  I've had MG's, Triumphs, Austins, etc, etc
for many years and when a car would sit for a few weeks or months, the fuel
pumps would often need a little help to get going again.

Don Scott

At 10:08 PM 1/30/99 -0400, you wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Jan 1999 14:05:06 EST, parkerw@juno.com wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone,
>>       I went out to start the MGA today and found that the fuel pump
>>didn't click when the ignition was on...
>
>Andrew responds:
>
>Sounds like you need to put a new fuel pump in... and sounds like you
>have good weather to do it!
>
>Make sure it has power (volt meter)  If it does and it isn't pumping
>and there isn't a plug in your line then it sounds like a bad pump...
>
>Andrew Lundgren
>Lundgren@iname.com
>http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren
>
>Allen adds: Also make sure it is grounded.  The volt meter could tell you
>it has power but without a ground...  I don't know about MGAs but on the B,
>that's accomplished through a black wire that attaches to the license plate
>bracket bolt - which can fail.
>
>Allen Bachelder

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/