Re: Bad Gas (minimal-LBC and too long)

To: cdlynes@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Bad Gas (minimal-LBC and too long)
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 20:32:05 -0600 (CST)
You got a great price on the tow, in New York w/o an auto club membership, a 3
mile tow is $50 +
$3. per mile + tax. Glad to hear you were generous to the driver. The company I
work for has two
service staions and we do ALOT of Bell Atlantic Fleet Service. At least a half
dozen Ford fuel
pump failures a week. Water is the the biggest cause for these failures
especially once the cold
weather kicks in. Every car on the road has some water in the tank. Your best
protection is an
occasional pint of dry gas in the tank. You really can not blame the service
station, even they
get a delivery of less than pure fuel every so often. Try and avoid gassing up
at a station while
there is a delivery in progess. The filling of holding tanks really stirs up
impurity that are
normally sitting at bottom of holding tanks. Lastly, try not to run your tank
down to less than a
1/4, this way if you do get`a bad fill up you, at least have it mixed with some
good stuff.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch