Re: Timing tricks

To: "Dan Pockrus" <dpockrus@efficient.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Timing tricks
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 14:00:47 -0000
Not much to add except it was done at idle rpm, with vac advance connected.
Bear in mind that this was/is with carb vacuum takeoff not manifold,
although I rediscovered the gauge I haven't yet found the instructions so
don't know if it covered manifold takeoffs.

If I am right in thinking that the two only differ at idle, and the carb
type effectively has no vacuum advance at idle, then I would say that
manifold vacuum should be disconnected and plugged while carrying out the
adjustment.  It has always intrigued me that various manuals state that this
should be done anyway e.g. for the carb type as well as the manifold type.
Maybe as it doesn't make any difference with the carb type they decided not
to confuse the issue by trying to differentiate between them.

PaulH.