Jingle bells in the cylinder head

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Jingle bells in the cylinder head
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 11:09:16 -0400
Curiosity of the day,

Someone on the mgs list recently reported fishing something like a ten
penny nail with oversize head out of the water jacket of a MG engine.
Reason for it presence was a mystery, maybe intended to be a sacrificial
anode.  Well, I just went through a similar experience, but not so much
fun... <<snip>>

Same here - I fished something the size of a 10-penny nail out of a B head.
It was too corroded to recognize - but it was definitely a machined piece
of something - not just scrap or slag.  If I recall correctly, one end of
it was actually threaded.  ' Can't imagine what it was or how it got there.
It was a struggle angling it out through the thermostat opening - so I
doubt that it could have fallen in there accidentally.

Allen

Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
New Castle, VA 24127