68'B Door Trim

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 68'B Door Trim
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 17:17:34 +0000
No, I haven't gone yet!!!

One last job on the car before I head off bright and early tomorrow
morning (Tuesday) on the 'long drive')... replacing the door trims with
'new' ones.  The 'old' trims/panels were held in place with a multitude
of small screws... so anyone got any great thoughts on how I am going to
match up the holes in the doors with the new panels (which, naturally
enough, don't have ANY holes at all).

The two suggestions to date are:

1) to use the old trim as templates and drill through the existing
holes.

2) to drill all new holes.

Best bets anyone?  Any nasty experiences and words of advice??

I am a little worried about drilling through the new vinyl and the
padding behind it and getting it wound up on the drill bit.  Wonderful
last minute job to have but if I do it right then the car will at least
look presentable.

I have the waist rails recovered so they look pretty groovy but I don't
want to mess up the interior door trim - too expensive!

Over to the list...

Eric
68MGB MkII