Re: Seat questions---no LBC

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Seat questions---no LBC
From: Tim Nagy <nagy@duq.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 21:27:05 -0800
Mike Lishego wrote:

> trip.  I also went ahead and got a new panel kit, based on the
> amount of tax dollars Uncle Sam gives back to college students!
> (I'm really gonna miss THAT tax break!)

TRA97 (Tax Releif Act of 1997) will continue that tax break in the means
of tax releif on the interestyou pay on student loans forthe first 60
months of repayment...

Also...this year, I'd guess you are beyond your second year of higher
ed., you can use the TRA97 Lifetime Learning credit to take a tax credit
of 20% of up to $5,000 in eligible educatinal expenses paid for terms
starting on or after 7/1/98, income contingent...

So, there is some ray of "HOPE"-the TRA97 is comonly referrred to the
Hope Scholarship Tax Credit...

Be you folks can't guess what I do all day @duq.edu (Duquesne
University)

Just a vent...