Re: Mazda MX5 (long and sort of off-topic)

To: Philip Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Subject: Re: Mazda MX5 (long and sort of off-topic)
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@home.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 07:45:55 -0800
Philip Raby wrote:

> Thought the following may be of interest. Shame it's not MG, eh?
>
> Mazda Motor Corporation announced that it marked a cumulative production
> of 500,000 units of the MX-5 on 8 February 1999. To commemorate the
> achievement, Mazda held a ceremony at its Ujina Plant attended by
> President Miller and Mazda employees. During the ceremony,
> congratulatory messages were received from MX-5 Clubs around the world.

        I may get burned at the stake for saying this, but this is a good
thing. If you look at their product mix and market position, Mazda has a
lot in common with our beloved MG's. They seem to engineer their cars
well (sample size of 1) and the Miata is really fun to drive.

        The Miata owners I've met love their cars, and have fun driving them.
Just like us LBC owners. They just don't want to work on their cars
themselves.

        Cheers,
        Dave Ambrose