Re: Brighter dash light bulbs!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brighter dash light bulbs!
From: Eric Zambori <eaz@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:06:51 -0800
Here's a copy of a previous post:

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
  Tonight at the Radio Shack I splurged on three packs of lightbulbs @
$1.19/pk.
   At least one brilliant person has suggested the use of 7.5 v bulbs in
the instruments of the MGB.  These are the bulbs:
  Lamp #50, RS #272-1133,threaded base, 220 ma @ 7.5 V, 1 cp, rated life
1000 hrs.
  These are so bright that one does not need the full brilliance, so can
turn the rheostat down.  Even if they last only 1/2 of the 1000 hours,
so
what! They're cheap, easy to change, and one who dares to know the
temperature of the engine will be able to read it off the gauge instead
of watching for steam.

  RS's "12v"  lamp is actually 14.4v, with .75 cp.  Operated at 12 v,
that's probably why it barely glows.
  Bob