Re: Rostyle?

To: Carufel Family <carufel@funtv.com>
Subject: Re: Rostyle?
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:25:22 +0000
Ben said:

> I think that ROstyle stands for Rubbery Owen style, no? Some guy who
> designed the wheels must have had the nickname rubbery.

When I was sifting through accumulated parts to use to assemble a '67 B that I
bought dismantled, I found quite a few bolts labelled "RUBERY OWEN."  I assumed
that this was the name of the company that made the bolts.  It seemed like a lot
of tooling just to advertise bolts that cost a few pennies each.

Now that I know that this company (person?) designed or built the wheels, I
wonder if these are valuable designer bolts.  Do all of the bolts on an Eddie
Bauer Ford SUV say Eddie Bauer on them?  Should I be displaying these bolts
prominently on the back of my Levis?

Just wondering.

Denise Thorpe