MGB V-8 (was Hello)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB V-8 (was Hello)
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:57:57 -0800
Obie,

How does the MG crowd view 'B V-8s?  Depends on a lot of things.
Some folks think no matter what they are "DPO hacks".  However,
a lot of car shows have room for 'B V-8s.  The original MGB GT V-8
and the MGR V-8 do go a long way to making it more acceptable.

Personally I back the Rover conversions.  With a rubber bumpered
car it's not too much of a problem (unless you live someplace
where smog laws and so forth get in the way).  While Rover engines
aren't in every junkyard, they aren't unobtanium.  I bought my 3.9
for $950, and a good running 3.5 for $225, including the engine
stand it was on.

As far as parts suppliers and so forth, check out the various web
pages devoted to the topic.  There are a couple of links on the
Team Sanc pages.  The most important part of an MGB to Rover conversion
is doing your homework.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/