Possible Midget Ball Joint Problem?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, MGList <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Possible Midget Ball Joint Problem?
From: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:34:33 -0500
Hey all.  THe other day I drove my midget over to Bob Medinski's body shop in
Jersey to take a look at my rear quarter panel.  On the way home the front end
felt a little looser than I remembered it.  Pushing on the top side wall of my
driver side front tire,  I can feel a little play.  This is a push towards the
engine at the 12 o'clock position of the tire.  THere is a definite "free" area
then a noticeable thunk as I reach the end of the play.  No such play on the
passenger side.

Is this a sign that my ball joints are going/gone?  If not, any idea what it
could be?

Michael

'78 Midget
'87 300zx