Mukini Carb?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mukini Carb?
From: "Murch, Paul" <murch@y-city.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 07:46:48 -0400
I've fallen victim to the net!  Recently one of my coworkers has been
talking constantly about e-bay so I finally relented and took a look.  I
have found an item that could be interesting to me (sucker).  The item
is a side draft mikuni carb (looks like the side draft weber) and I have
included the description at the end of this message.  Does anyone have
any knowledge of this set up?  Opinions?  I have been thinking of a
replacement for my downdraft weber and this might be a cheap
alternative.

Thanks
Paul Murch
64B

Mikuni MGB Induction system used very little. I bought this carburetor
setup for my old 78 MGB. I was remembering when the B (pre 701s)
actually had the feel of more power available not to mention handling
and I longed to have it back. At the time (89) nothing was available to
replace my B except a long waiting line at the local Mazda dealer plus
added $$$$. So I shelled out over $500 for this carb setup. I ran this
through the summer of 90 (being in Maine the sport car season is
short). It almost brought back the 601s.  Finally given the availability
of Miatas and the fact that the B still had the Prince of Darkness
lurking under the hood, in the dash, well if you ever owned a British
car you know what I mean I bought a new Miata. Before trading in the old
B however I put the old carb system back on (dealer wanted a stock
unit).  The Mikuni carb setup has been sitting on a shelf in the garage
ever since. I1m now on my second Miata and I realize I will never have a
B again. it1s time to part with the Mikuni. It is complete, with
documentation both from Mikuni and the manufactor of the
induction system. As the picture shows it comes with both air cleaner
and stacks. I have not cleaned the unit it1s just as I removed it in the
fall of 1990. The docs state that this system is Legal for use in
California only on racing vehicles which may never be used upon a
highway. Buyer pays with money order, COD or personal check (clearing of
course). Also buyer pays shipping.