1800 B Motor with A tranny (help)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1800 B Motor with A tranny (help)
From: Jethogger@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:31:53 EST
Hello All.   I am rebuilting a 1800 5-main motor for a transplant into a 1600
A.
Ploit bushing is the forcoming problem.  Has anyone made a ploit bushing to
fit into a 5-main crank.  That will accept a small input shaft from a A-
tranny.  I know I can install a large input shaft into the tranny.  But anyone
who has disassemble a tranny. The input shaft is the last part to remove.  In
short is there a adapter ploit bushing out there?  Hope ya'll can understand
what I am talking about here.
Thanks  John   Flintstone, GA
PS.  Does anyone have a 3-main 1800 rebuiltabe short block for sale or trade.
More costly backup plan.