Shock Questions.

To: Mg List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shock Questions.
From: Tim Nagy <nagy@duq.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 23:04:43 -0800
Hi all,

Been cleaning and priming and painting from suspensin parts.  As I dig
the part out of the rubbermaid tub, I clean 'em and....well, now I have
the front shoks at hand...

Took the bolts out of the amr and removed one side, wire wheeled, primed
twice, and put on 2 coats of glossy black spray...looks really good.
However, is the other side pressed on?  If so, should I mark its
positiona and use a gear puller to remove it?

I'm not done yet...thos 8 screws in the back...I would assume (don't
even say it) that the guts are right behind there.  I was tempted to
take that plate off, but thought, that a pretty fancy gasket I bet I
can't buy...so, I left it alone.

Can I rebuild these like a master cylinder?

On a more positive note, a few minutes with a couple of file can take
those nast casting makes out that soft Aluminum and make the whole
bugger look really smart!  Boy, wouldn't that look nice polished!

Thanks,

Tim