race programs and race results

To: owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: race programs and race results
From: RIMEY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 21:58:04 EST
Listers

        The reason for the e-mail is that I was wondering if any of you listers
might
have any race programs and/or race results from California sports car races
during the years 1953-1962 that could be copied?  And if you might consider
such an activity; what you might charge for such a service. I am interested in
the schedule of events page,  and entrants roster (all classes).

        I have been working on a book (California Racing Healeys) for the last
several years and have been trying to get  rosters of drivers, and race
results of the California sports car races from 1953 through 1962.  I have
been resonably lucky in that I have information on many of the races during
the period covered.  However I don't have much info on the races from 1958
thru 1962.

        Unfortunately, SCCA and Cal Club no longer have this information
available.
I'm hoping that some of you on the internet will be able to help, or perhaps
you know of someone who might be able to assist in this endevor.

        I'm not looking to buy anyone's collection of memorbilia.  I'm not in
the
business or hobby of collectiing this type of material.  I'm more interested
in the informational aspect and electrostatic (xerox) copies are quite
acceptable.

        Hoping you can help

        Ron Yates