Zenith replacement..HIF-6

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Zenith replacement..HIF-6
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:20:19 EST
Yo chaps!

I have had an HIF-6 on my '78 B since 1991. The conversion is simple. But do
not expect a huge change in performance...you are still dealing with a single
carb. My carb came from a donor Marina and I used the existing MGB combo
intake/exhaust. Had I found a Marina intake and used either a header or MGB
exhaust manifold I believe performance would have been better. I run a "BBQ"
needle...original for the Marina (and the MGB V8).

This conversion does have the effect of causing "second looks" from other
rubber bumper MGB owners who catch a glimpse. No more water choke...pancake
air filter...etc.

As to legality...I doubt if this is truly a legal conversion either. But...as
it is a single carb (and I have a "hollow" catalytic converter still in
place), I would think it would raise very few eyebrows upon a visual
inspection from State authorities. (I don't have to worry about that at this
time in central Illinois.)

Regards.....

rick ingram
'78 MGB - '69 MGC