BU 11 -- 'Basilica Blue'

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: BU 11 -- 'Basilica Blue'
From: Paul Washburn <walruzuma@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:51:24 -0800 (PST)
Hello:

Does anyone have a modern paint code for this color. I beleive it to
be the color on this car: http://www.qis.net/~socs/mg26.jpg I was at
the local parts store with the oldest paint books this afternoon.

The BU 11 (Basilica) is listed in the 1968 and 1969 books (along with
BU 9 'Mineral Blue'), but the book had NO MG paint chips. I received
correspondance in an earlier post that said there was a metallic blue
offered on GT's in '68 and '69. Since this BU 11 only shows in the '68
and '69 listings I assume this is it.
The problem is ... finding the laquer code (as in this old PPG book)
does me no good. Apparently this color is a victim of technology and
is not in the computer system. There is therefore no way of cross
referencing the number. Since my car was not this color originally, I
have no piece to give them to scan in for a match. Has anyone else
matched this color? If so, could you send me your code?

                                  Thanks,

                                    Paul

P.S. The earlier correspondance I received called this color 'Riviera
Silver Blue'. Apparently the color had a different name in the U.S.,
as I could find no color named as such in the books. Any help is
greatly appreciated.