Re: MGB Engine Numbers

To: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Engine Numbers
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 19:28:23 -0000
Clausager has a comprehensive listing of engine numbers over the years and
your prefix doesn't figure, they jump from 585-Z-L to 672-Z-L (Aug 71 - Aug
72, Aug 72 - Sep 74, Z meaning two carbs and emissions control, NA only, 'L'
for low compression.  If it is engine from another application it is curious
that it seems to be the correct age.  Maybe Clausager missed something.
Incidentally, 'M' doesn't figure in any number for any year.

PaulH.