Re: OT: 56K Line Speed?

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: OT: 56K Line Speed?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:25:19 +0000
Neil Cotty wrote:

> Charley,
>
> >   How is everybody doing on this?  I bought a 56K v.90 MODEM and the
>
> I run an ISP so I can give you a little info. Eric in Adelaide
> probably can too as he's some Tech Guru <G>. 56K is one of those Black
> Magic things, ie it's amazing it even works at all.

Thanks for the compliment... I'm just one of your hard working
tech-support type guys.

Hey... I am on holidays... I don't want to even think about 56k stuff,
but I will just say that I agree with 99% of what Neil says (the other
1% will cost you a consultancy fee :-)

Have a look at http://www.56k.com or http://www.v90.com for more on this
stuff (if those URLs are not correct then it is because I *am* on
holidays).

Eric
'68MGB MkII (resting)