Explosive Air Cleaner

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Explosive Air Cleaner
From: "Warren Pruitt" <warren_p@ls3p.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:24:18 -0500
Thanks to the many who have responded to my questions during the rebuild of
my 70B engine. I spun it up last night and have excellent oil pressure.
However after putting the plugs in I decided to go ahead and fire it up and
a carb. backfire shot my (Weber) air cleaner into the ceiling. My wife was
painting a table adjacent to the front of the car and has had a nervous
tick since. My guess is that I put the distributor drive in upside down
although I thought I took effort to avoid that. I may have some older  and
longer plug wires and may try to switch them around to see if it will start
tonight. Any other thoughts as to what I may have done stupid?

Thanks again.

Warren
warren_p@LS3P.com