Re: 1949 YT Tourer Engine Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1949 YT Tourer Engine Question
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:06:56 -0600
Dave:

You shouldn't be registering the car under the engine number anyway.
The number that Mike refers to (the chassis number [on the new cars now
called a VIN]) is the number under which the car should be registered.

Dave Q.

>From Mike Leckstein:
>Dave (MG4EVR@aol.com) wrote:
>Does anyone know where on the engine in this car I can find an id plate? Or
>serial number of the engine?  My friend is missing her body id plate and
>wants to register her car.

Dave, if the engine number plate is missing ( it should be where Laurie
said) there is a number in the dumb iron on the front of the frame, left
side, but hard to find as it is sort of scratched in. Good luck. I am
going
from TD placement, but it should be there.