Re: Putting on the hood

To: "Enrique Claure" <spaninc@mail.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Putting on the hood
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:44:23 -0000
Is this the fabric hood/roof over the passenger compartment or the
bonnet/hood over the engine?

If the latter then the best tip is to look at the hinges and see if they
have a couple of small holes drilled right through both halves of the hinge.
This is the usual way of making refitting easy (by putting a pin through the
holes), and it is said that the factory used to do this as the bodies came
fully painted and bonnets fitted which they removed to fit the engines.

Other than that, just do it bit by bit.  Lightly nip up the bolts so it is
possible to push the bonnet around a little with it down.  Then drill some
holes.

PaulH.