Windshield seal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Windshield seal
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 18:05:57 -0500
I know that this job can be nightmare but I have hit a snag today
that has got me at a roadblock. I can only get it halfway on and then it
gets to a part of the seal that will not seat, a look at it in the track
does not reveal any marked deformities to the rubber. I have tried it
wet and basically dry having more success dry. I have brought it back
and forth several times without any change. I am unable to tell if the
problem is on the forward or rear-facing (towards the seats)lip. The
metal channel is clean. The sideposts are still in place, not wanting to
deal with that seal also.  Ideas? tips? hints? I thought about many
pints but I did not want to fracture the glass by falling on it.

Carl F
looking at many bugs in my teeth this season!