Atlanta fun-run autocross

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Atlanta fun-run autocross
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:27:58 -0500
Well, after replacing my U-joints in emergent fashion yesterday, I ran
the autocross today.  I had so much fun.  It is an auto enthusiasts
dream.  The Porsches, BMWs, Corvettes, Toyotas, and CRXs were there in
force.

Sadly, I can only report of three british cars.  A jensen healey, a
bugeye, and my '70 B.  Comon guys, this is pathetic.  My times bested
many in my class and bested even several in higher classes, including a
few Corvettes.  Now how's that for a first-timer in his daily driver
MGB.

On my last run, my car lost it's ability to idle smoothly.  I can pull
out the choke and it will run fine, but at a higher idle.  A buddy told
me that it could be crud from my gas tank that was stirred up in my
aggressive cornering :).  It got picked up by the pump and gummed up my
needles.  Does this sound plausible?  I don't think it's spark, since my
car runs fine with the choke out.  At speed it runs good, but seems to
have lost some pep.  What do you guys think?  If I can fix it by next
weekend, I will be going to the autocross in Chattanooga, TN.

Thanks once again for reading this.  I just wanted to share my great
joy. Who woulda thought a piece of steel, plastic, rubber, and carpet
could be oh, so much fun?  Get those cars out and have some fun.  I once
shyed from the autocross, since I didn't want to tear up the car, but
now I know that this is the purpose of the car.  You must use it, or
lose it.

Take care
Jay