V8 vs. Race B motor, haha (was:Re: MGB prices)

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: V8 vs. Race B motor, haha (was:Re: MGB prices)
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:32:01 -0500

JustBrits@aol.com wrote:

>    You would be better off buying Lawrie's car, pull the motor and rebuild
> to *FLAT OUT RACE CONDITION* than wasting your time looking for a
> suitable donor for a V-8 transplant sitution at anything NEAR a reasonable
> price.

Ludicrous.  Obie, what will you be using the car for primarily.  Steet
use and full out race condition is just plain stupid.

Oh, so you want to run autocross, stick with the stock engine and learn
to drive.

Oh, so you want a sleeper B.  No, forego that tractor motor and get a
V8.
My brother and I are nearing completion on our V8 conversion.  I think
we'll be running in A prepared class, but we could care less if we win.
We want a nice car that handles like a beast.

>    Of course, you can spend the next mellina looking for a car that will
> accept the new torque and horsepower 'cause it has nothing rusted in it.
>
>    My suggestion - learn to drive a 'B' in either 'stock' or 'uprated' motor
> condition BEFORE you even think of the Rover/Buick swap.
>
>    Tell me (and list) when you win your SCCA class at the Natiionals in
> Salinas, KS in a Stock or Street Prepared 'B' and EVERY one will back
> your idea!!!!   ----Just MHO, of course!?!?!?-----

Not everyone who desires the V8 wants to compete.  Some just like to
beat the Chrysler Town & Country to the next stoplight.  Ever thought
about that, Ed. :)

Jay