Lever arm damper leaks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lever arm damper leaks
From: David Sylvain <niosh@pop.ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:52:46 -0500
I have a two leaky dampers -- Leaky to the point of making puddles on the
garage floor overnight (the puddles are from the dampers, and not from the
cat . . .).  Has anyone ever tried to use automatic transmission sealer to
slow, or hopefully stop damper leaks?  I have no idea if this would work,
however I don't think I have too much to lose by trying.  The other options
I see are to replace them with new ($$) or rebuilt dampers, or perhaps
consider a tube shock conversion.  All comments, suggestions, conjecture,
etc., are welcome.

Thanks,

Dave Sylvain
72 B roadster